Import Export Code-IEC
No people make any import or export except for below Importer-exporter rules Number granted by Director General or officer authorized by the Director universal in this behalf, in accordance with the procedure specified in this behalf by the Director General.”
A. Any bonafide person/ company starting a venture for intercontinental trade.Following category of importers or exporters are exempted from obtaining IEC
the class of security presupposed to be purchased underneath the buy-back; the method to be adopted for the buy the maximum quantity needed beneath the buy-back and the sources of funds from that the purchase would be financed; the basis of incoming at the purchase back price
- IEC- 0100000011- All Ministries / Departments of Central Government and agenciy wholly or partially owned by them
- . IEC- 0100000029- All Ministries / Departments of any State Government and agencies wholly or partially owned by them.
- IEC- 0100000037- Diplomatic personnel, Counselor officers in India and officials of UNO and its specialized agencies.
- . IEC- 0100000045- Indians returning from / going abroad and claiming benefit under Baggage Rules.
- IEC- 0100000061- Persons importing / exporting goods from / to Nepal
- IEC- 0100000070- Persons importing / exporting goods from / to Myanmar through Indo-Myanmar border areas
- IEC- 0100000088- Ford Foundation
- IEC- 0100000096- Importers importing goods for display or use in fairs / exhibitions or similar events under provisions of ATA carnet. This IEC number can also be used by importers importing for exhibitions/fairs as per Para 2.29 of HBPv1.
- IEC- 0100000100- Director, National Blood Group Reference Laboratory,
Number: (i) Importers covered by clause 3(1) [except sub-clauses (e) and (l)] and Exporters sheltered by clause 3(2) sub-clauses (i)of Foreign Trade (Exemption from application of Rules in certain cases) Order, 1993. (ii) Ministries / Departments of Central or State Government. (iii) Persons importing or exporting goods for personal use not connect with trade or gardening.